Fitch-Hillis Funeral Home got
its early start in 1906 as
Greer Funeral Home located
in downtown Poplar Bluff.
A.W. Greer was the original
owner and operator.
In 1937 A.W. Greer and W.C. Croy became partners in the local downtown funeral business. The new name of
the establishment was Greer-Croy Chapel.
Later in 1946, Wallace Fitch bought into the business and it became known as Greer-Croy-Fitch Chapel. After
Mr. Fitch became a partner the funeral home moved to its present day location on College Street.
Lyman Brown. Mr. Hillis then changed the name to Fitch-Hillis Funeral Home, Inc.